Andreas Mikkelsen and co-driver Anders Jaeger grabbed second place for the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT at Rally Deutschland, after an impressive performance on the German tarmac with the Citroën C3 WRC.
- It’s been just an amazing weekend for me, Anders and the Citroën-team. We had some very difficult conditions on the opening day, especially from our late starting position, but we managed to keep a good pace, says a happy Andreas.
With this podium, the Norwegian is finally back on a WRC podium, for the first time since his victory in Australia last year. In only his third rally with the Citroën C3 WRC and the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT, he managed to drive in to a podium position.
- I really had to fight for this podium. We pushed hard from day 1 and were constantly on the limit, but we had to if we wanted to be in the lead-fight. I’ve done a couple of small mistakes during the rally, but I just have to be pleased with our podium!
The 28-year-old were fighting for a leading position on Friday when the rain arrived, giving the early starters a big advantage. Ott Tanak took the lead and managed to keep ahead of Andreas the rest of the rally. Pushing really hard from their late starting position, fighting the wet, muddy and slippery tarmac, Andreas and Anders managed to keep their position throughout the weekend, and stay ahead of the 4 times Worldchampion Sebastien Ogier.
- It feels amazing to take home P2 after such a challenging rally, Andreas says. Big thanks to everyone in the team, the Citroën C3 WRC is just incredible on the tarmac!
Overall Classification Rally Deutschland 2017
1. Ott Tanak, Estland 18.104.22.168
2. Andreas Mikkelsen, Norge +16.4
3. Sebastien Ogier, Frankrike +30.4
4. Juho Hanninen, Finland +49.2
5. Craig Breen, Irland +2.01.5
6. Elfyn Evans, England +2.03.4
7. Jari-Matti Latvala, Finland +3.58.2
8. Hayden Paddon, New Zealand +4.32.4
9. Armin Kremer, Tyskland +10.19.4
10. Eric Camilli, Frankrike +10.44.3
All the best,